Organizations intending to develop a fully operational Children’s Advocacy Center may apply for
Associate Membership if such organization believes it has met Children’s Advocacy Centers of
Georgia Associate Membership standards. Associate Membership is renewable for two years.
(Maximum 3 years at Associate Level)
Organizations seeking Associate Membership status must:
- Be a private, non-profit or government-based agency.
- Have a written, local interagency agreement signed by, at a minimum, representatives of
Law enforcement, District Attorney, and Department of Family and Children’s Services.
Other entities could include Medical and Mental Health.
- Have a one year development plan which includes having designated, accessible staff
assigned solely to the operation of the program for a minimum of 20 hours per week for
- Have a One/Two year development plan for the achievement of the 10 standards for
- Agree to submit 6 month progress reports.
- Have a 12 month time line which includes providing at least six months of onsite
interviews and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Have an annual budget which includes funds to send a representative to all Children’s
Advocacy Centers of Georgia quarterly meetings, and visit at least two Children’s
Advocacy Centers of Georgia Full Member Centers. Budget should demonstrate
diversified funding and projection of future revenue sources.
- Agree send at least one member of the Center’s Board of Directors to at least one
Children’s Advocacy Centers of Georgia quarterly meeting.
- Have identified at least two potential sites for Children’s Advocacy Center and a timeline
for minimum of six months occupancy.
- Agrees to participate in the Children’s Advocacy Centers of Georgia Mentoring Program.
Submit copy of Mentorship Booklet by September 30th.
- Conduct Board of Directors Training in reference to the CAC model and Board roles and
responsibilities within 2 years of first application.